Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On The Teen Beat Interview with Booboo Stewart Part 2

Booboo Stewart, the most buzzed about new star of the Twilight series, has broken out big-time when Twilight Eclipse hit the theaters this past June 30th. When we left off with him, he was telling us about Millennium Man, the comic book due out later this summer he is illustrating himself. He is quite the talent with a paper and pencil!

Q: So tell us about your comic book superhero, Millennium Man. What exactly does he do? Does he help damsels in distress like the traditional superhero or is there something special about him that is a little different from other superheroes?
B: You will just have to wait! (Laughs.)
Q: Aw, I see! You can't give it away yet! Alright, got it on that! Let's completely change the subject. What is on your iPod right now?
B: I listen to a lot of 60s, 70s and 80s rock. I listen to a little techno and underground music right now, too.
Q: Are there any recent movies that you like?
B: Recent movies? I loved The Wrestler--that was a really god one! It is amazing.Q: I can't recall seeing Mickey Rourke in anything after that. Is my memory hazy?
B: Oh, he played the villain in Iron Man 2.
Q: Thank you for correcting me on that. Those are actually two movies I missed. Okay, my last question is just what your goals are as a person and as a professional?
B: I really just want to do great movies that people love, you know what I mean? I want to be in movies that people really want to watch and I want to play all different kinds of characters. I want to play different people all the time 'cause it is so fun to be someone else. I just think that is the coolest thing.


Q: And there are also the Grafeeti sneakers that we discussed last time. You are such an enterprising young man...your more than just an actor. We did a giveaway with them in one of my teen mags, Teen Dream, recently. They are really cool because you can draw on them.
B: Yeah, you can draw on them and then erase them. If you want your drawing to stay on the sneakers, you just leave your drawing for like a day and it will actually dry enough that you can wipe it with your fingers and nothing will happen. And you can also reactivate it by drawing over what is already there.
Q: That is so cool. They should have a contest for the most creative drawing done on the Grafeeti sneakers.
B: Oh, that is an awesome idea!
Q: Then they can win a trip to meet you, I guess!
B: Yep! That's a good idea.
Q: OK, now for the million dollar question. Can you just tell me what the general experience of what doing Eclipse was like? Was there difficult parts? Did you have any challenges at all?
B: Bo. I did not have that many challenges...probably the biggest challenge was just being the new kid on the block, so to speak, but everyone was so nice. It was not a challenge at all. When I got onto the set everyone was like "Hi!" and introducing themselves. So it was really cool, you know.
Q: Did you form close friendships with the other actors?
B: Unfortunately, right now, we only really meet up at Twicon conventions but when we do them, we see each other, so that is really cool. It has been really fun.
Q: Oh man, the fans are really ravenous at those things. Have you gotten stampeded. Has it been out of control at all with those Twihards!
B: They are actually on their best behavior because they are so happy to be there. I love to meet the fans. No one is attacking everyone. They are so awesome for coming out to the Twicons. I am actually at one right now as we speak!
Q: Very interesting. So I would be curious to know what the fans ask you during the Q&A sessions at the Twicons.
B: I always get, "How does it feel being a part of Twilight?" and "What do you think about your character?"
Q: We know you from TV in the past since you were on a Disney Show. T-Squad. Is this the first time you have done a feature film?
B: Yeah, this is actually my first big film. It is so good coming into a film that is so big! I really appreciate it.
Q: I remember watching T-Squad and it was about a teen hip-hop group. Now, do you have any interest in recording yourself?
B: My sister and I actually have a song on iTunes that just got released a few days ago. It is called Rainy Day.
Q: Is there a video for that song yet?
B: We are actually in the middle of putting the video together. We hope to film it next week.
Q: Are you going to have friends or any other family members in that video?
B: I don't know--it'll definitely be me and my sister. Go to iTunes now and type in "Rainy Day" and it will pop up.
Q: You are a guy with three sisters and no brothers. I wonder what was that like?
B: What I have learned from that is that you always have to go to the bathroom first or else you will not be able to go for hours. (Laughs.)
Q: How come I knew you would say that? (Laughs.)
B: It is very true though!
Q: It's true but if you watch certain reality shows like Jersey Shore you know that some guys take a long time in the bathroom working on their hair.
B: (Laughs.) I try to avoid that, too--I have low maintenance hair! (Laughs again.)
Q: I know you have a martial arts background and I wonder if that came into play when shooting Eclipse.
B: Unfortunately, no! I did not get to do any of the fight scenes.
Q: You have a lot of hype on you now...you are poised to be the big breakout star in Eclipse. Have you been getting a lot of fan mail?
B: Oh, yeah, the fan mail is insane. Everyday I check my PO box for fan mail and I get fan mail from Germany and all these places and it is so amazing that they take the time out of their day to write me a piece of fan mail. It is really cool and I really appreciate it.
Q: Now I notice on the internet they spell your name all different ways. Does this annoy you?
B: Yeah, it does bother me a little bit. It is Booboo as one word, not two, a you probably know. People always try to make the second B a capitol or split my name into two words!
Q: Did all the media and paparazzi on the Eclipse set get your distracted when you were just trying to do your job?
B: No. It was crazy out there with the fans hanging out but I would say that most of the paparazzi just wanted a picture or two and were very polite.
Q: Can you tell us what your Eclipse character Seth is like?
B: If he was a real person, he would be a really down-to-earth guy. He is actually the only world who is a friend with a vampire, so that makes him special.
Q: Wow, that is truly special!
B: he is friends with Edward.
Q: Did you have to do that Wolf training camp like the other actors--that boot camp?
B: Actually, no because my mom is a professional fitness competitor and a personal trainer so she actually trained me.
Q: Very cool. With your interest in martial arts, and your achievements in that area, did you ever think of opening a school or karate dojo?
B: I think I would love to do that...if I had the time, I would love to start my own karate dojo.
Q; Do you still live at home with your family? Where do you live?
N: I live in LA with my family--thank God. I do not think I could live on my own right now!(Laughs.) We have horses, too.
Q: Are you doing Breaking Dawn?
B: I hope so. I think it would be really fun. I hope it happens. I would love to be part of it.

Read the rest of the interview HERE!

Source via TBBS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...